Ways to See Great Britain
Curious Places and Surprising Perspectives
By Alice Stevenson
- Stylish gift and inspirational self-purchase
- An artist’s view of Britain –beautiful spaces, unusual locations and overlooked towns
- Over 150 gorgeous illustrations & colour photos
- Slow travel, mindful walking, creative exploration
- From Northern Ireland to the Orkneys, North Wales to Kent, Norfolk to Cornwall.
An inspiring visual adventure.
With an eye for the odd and an antenna for the unexpectedly beautiful, Alice documents her slow, attentive foray: steam trains in Snowdonia, art galleries on remove Scottish islands, Kent coastlines, Dorset villages, East Anglian saltmarshes, the erstwhile utopias of Harlow and Portmeirionand the wild fells of eastern Cumbria. Yet she found many hidden delights in the cities too, from Hull and Plymouth, to Belfast and Edinburgh.
The result is a book celebrating detail, of landscape and architecture, and creativity, an essential human urge. A rich, artistic journey through a land deep in natural and man-made puzzles and wonders.
Size: 148.5 x 210mm, 160 pages.
Alice Stevenson - Ways to See Great Britain
This item can also be purchased at the Mill Tye Gallery Shop.
Mill Tye Gallery and Arts Centre
3 Cornard Mills, Mill Tye